Third in its series of embedded systems design trainers, Global Specialties’ DL-030 teaches students the advanced concepts of embedded systems control via designing and implementing microprocessors/microcontrollers on an FPGA. Powerful enough for complex real-life projects, the DL-030 Trainer provides the framework and structure needed for those new to FPGA programming.
Click on above image to view full picture
Listed Price: $ 688.00
DL-030Category: Embedded Systems Design Trainers
Embedded Systems Design Trainers
DL-030 Microprocessor Design Trainer
The Embedded Systems Design Trainer is specifically engineered with classroom/lab learning in mind. Written by an instructor, the Student Trainer Lab Manual serves as a supplementary textbook covering essential microprocessor design topics such as data path and control unit design. Every topic is so completely detailed in the Training Manual, students can walk through the material themselves. With 11 hands-on labs, students will gain a solid understanding of advanced embedded systems design in an FPGA environment.
Global Specialties has created the perfect classroom tool by putting together everything you need to implement custom designed microprocessor circuits in one complete and easy-to-use trainer. Using system-on-a-programmable-chip (SOPC) framework, every aspect of the DL-030 is designed for students to get right to the business of learning embedded systems control designs.
Utilizing the DL-030 and Altera Quartus® II software, one can carry out general FPGA design, prototyping and testing, or you can continue with the Nios® II embedded design suite to successfully implement a fully functioning microprocessor or microcontroller in minutes.
This trainer is the third in the series of our digital logic and microprocessor trainer course. All of the combinational and sequential logic circuits implemented on the Combinational Logic Design Trainer (DL-010) and the Sequential Logic Design Trainer (DL-020) can also be completed on the DL-030.
Measuring 244 x 175 x 40 mm (9.6 x 6.9 x 1.6 inches), the trainer comes with easy to operate I/O’s (switches and push-buttons) and easy to read displays (LED’s and 7-segments). All of these are mapped to the FPGA and support the Training Manual experiments. The DL-030 is a complete and ruggedly packed trainer that will provide a solid learning platform to individuals and classroom students.
Microprocessor Design Trainer courseware is also available on our iTunes store.
- Altera Cyclone® III FPGA
- Altera Nios® II embedded processor
- Software CD with powerful designing/implementing tools
- 137-page lab manual by university professor, Enoch Hwang, PhD
- Interactive download version of the manual available on the iTunes Store (search Global Specialties)
- 11 hands-on labs correlated to any textbook for microprocessor design training.
- Works with any Windows XP or higher system (32-bit only)
- Rugged, lightweight, blow-molded carrying case.
- Complete kit with 100 machined pin hookup wires.
- 16 LED’s
- 3, 7-segment displays
- 16 slide switches and 3 push-button switches
- Expandable breadboard allows the system to grow as students' knowledge increases.
- Perform experiments using standard TTL logic.
- 4 each, regulated 5V power (Vcc) and ground (GND) points
- 8 input/output connection sockets
- High quality machined sockets for input and output interconnections.
- The DL-030 can implement all of the experiments and circuits of the DL-010 and DL-020 trainers plus more.
- Two-Year Warranty
- FPGAAltera Cyclone ®III EP3C16F256C8N 16k LE
- MicroprocessorAltera Nios® II embedded processor
- Logic Indicators16 independent LED's
- Seven-Segment DisplaysThree sets of independent 7-segment displays
- Slide switch16, debounced
- Push Button Switch3, debounced
- Clock16 MHz
- I/O8-pin gereral purpose
- Bread Board270 tie point
- Tie Points4-input 5Vcc, 4-input GND
- Machined Pin Connecting Wires100 pcs
- USB InterfaceUSB extension cable
- Physical Dimensions244 x 175 x 40 mm (9.6 x 6.9 x 1.6 in)
- Training Manual with Hands-On Labs137 page manual, 11 hands on labs
- System RequirementsWindows XP or higher (32-bit only)
- Software CDQuartus® II Design Software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite, plus more